Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Cyberculture Webring - Websites about anything (no adult content allowed).

Forums     Login   Signup

The Cyberculture Webring

Manager: lilithezine
Websites about anything (no adult content allowed).

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How to do Archery in the Wind and Rain - 08/07/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c7i1INxwquk/UgJIZJ8aT4I/AAAAAAAAWMM/mhP1_wGTxyg/s400/Archery_in_the_Rain_01.jpg

When it comes to outdoor archery competitions there is a good chance you will sometimes end up competing in wind and rain conditions. If you don't like it you have two options: 1. Don't compete in outdoor archery. 2. Learn to shoot despite wind and rain. Now I am not suggesting you just give up and do number 1. If you give up that easily due to a little wind and rain you seem to be missing the point of outdoor archery - and likewise outdoor archery competitions. The wind and rain (and heat) is supposed to be an added obstacle. I once did archery on a very foggy day and I have to admit it made it a lot more interesting having a blurry target in the distance. And it really didn't effect the quality of my shots once I got over the unfamiliar environment. RAIN Taking positive and preventative action will help you get better results. Fussing over the weather conditions won't help you, but being proactive about them will. Take your time like you would during a normal shot. Don't rush it just because you want to get it over with. Some people have more difficulties than others shooting in the rain. They think things like "I suck at shooting in the rain. I always shoot badly in the rain." Etc. However that negativity is a mental block. You can adjust for rain conditions very easily. For example if you practice shooting in the rain regularly you may realize you shoot several inches lower in heavy rain. You can correct this by simply adjusting your shot upwards by the same measurement....

How to do Archery in the Wind and Rain

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy