Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 16 of 16
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Submissions Denied? - 10/19/2004
I understand that. But I waited two weeks and got denied when other rings were approved and working which used the same code. So it wasn't a code issue.
=====================

That certainly seems true. Not a code issue. But there are a wazillion reasons for a ringmaster to deny membership, everything from not matching the theme of the webring, to violating one of the ringmaster's "rules", to the ringmaster just not liking your site for no particular reason.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 10/19/2004
Well if it's a site you have under the user id shown here all of your sites are Yahoo groups. If that's the case that may be the problem. Maybe the ring manager has a forum with their ring or somewhere else and doesn't wish to draw members to your groups.

Replied - 10/19/2004
I am a ringmaster of several rings. When I check a new site in pending, there are a few things I check for before I approve the site. First, does it fall under the subject(s) of what the webring is about. Second, does the navigation code bar PASS (not PASS_L). Third is I like to have all navigation code bars clearly visible. Some in the past have uploaded the navigation code bar incorrectly. Due to that it will only show a link to all the webrings they have joined, but no navigation bar so that visitors can join or visit other sites that are in the ring.

Replied - 10/19/2004
Although I don't make mention of it on webring home pages, I don't always approve chat groups and forums. There are just too many around. I don't have a specific rule on this because there is the odd occasional one which is quite vibrant that I will approve.

Replied - 10/19/2004
Second, does the navigation code bar PASS (not PASS_L).
===================

I do not permit Pass_L either.

BUT, I do admit members with Pass_L.

First, I email them separately to advise them that

1. I am admitting them into suspended status.
2. That the reason they are suspended is Pass_L.
3. That as long as they are suspended they will receive no traffic.
4. That correction is pretty easy.
5. That I will help them to correct it.

Then I admit them.

Some decide to leave rather than make the changes.

But some also make the changes in order to remain.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 10/19/2004
I have a tendency to think that Pass_L is OK provided the link is prominent. Always better than a Link or WebRing page. However a review of some of my rings is giving me second thoughts as I have some very well trafficked rings (3-4 hits per day average per member) where Pass_L members have not sent a single hit to the ring for over 8 weeks.

Replied - 10/20/2004
It passed all of those tests and like I said was already working on another webring. It just would have been nice to know why it was rejected so I can correct it.

Michael

Replied - 10/20/2004
Thanks, and I can understand that. It's just frustrating when you go through and effort and I did make the group very visible and doing quite well. I also created a mirror web site to go with it. That might work better anyway. I know I get tired of the limitations of the group.

Thanks again
Michael

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy