Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

General Discusion - Logi-In/Homepage - 09/15/2004
Most people who dont take a shortcut or regulary visit the homepage of webring would know how webring has the screen width logi-in box with Sign-Up and Log-In contained within it, I have always found it part of webring.
http://dir.webring.com/rw (you will need to be loged-out)

What i want to discuss is how closly yahoo has copied this:
http://chat.yahoo.com/ (you will need to be loged-out of yahoo)

Should yahoo be alowed to copy all original ideas on the net?
Is it good ethics of yahoo to copy what other sites do?

Thats my main question, and how they relate to wenring, I found the page the other day and to me it just doesnt sit right, As WebRing has always had its signature log-in on the homepage which i have come to know as part of WebRing, isnt yahoo copying this idea just taking it a little too far?

Hmm......not fully sure if its all on topic but there ya go....lol

CE

Replied - 09/17/2004
Having been a member of Webring since it's early days, and having had a Yahoo Id for more years than I can count...
The Yahoo sign-in looks much the same as it has for years. But then so does the major part of the Webring front page.
Much of the nuts and bolts of the Webring front page is a holdover from Yahoo days.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy