Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Links - 08/18/2004
Try linking to the hub page rather than the join page :) That way the visitor gets to check out the ring, number of members it has, ratings, stuff like that as well as they can join from there too.

Replied - 08/18/2004
I put the links to my rings on one of my pages for people to join. When I tested the links out under another account name, it links directly into my webring account with my name up top and everything. Is there a way I can put links on my page where people won't have to go into MY web ring account to join my rings? Is this making any sense?
=========================

Thank you for writing.

I suspect you saw your account and name because you had not completely "logged out" of the WebRing.com system.

WebRing.com uses cookies to enable them to keep track of your login. (They also use cookies to let them know things like which navbar of a stack to display.)

Most of the WebRing.com system cookies are "transient" or "session" cookies. They "go away" when you close your last browser window.

Try this:

1. Close ALL (as in ALL) of your browser windows.

2. NOW, open a completely new browser window.

3. Go to your page.

4. Click a webring link.

I think you'll find that it does NOT have your name and account info at the top.

James S. Huggins
Disclaimer: I am not an official WebRing.com representative.

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 08/18/2004
Try linking to the hub page rather than the join page :) That way the visitor gets to check out the ring, number of members it has, ratings, stuff like that as well as they can join from there too.
======================

ABSOLUTELY.

This is EXCELLENT advice.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy