Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Denied even thought I have the HTML links on my site - 07/03/2004
I tried to use the ssbn code the checker said the links were not on my site I placed the Html code on and the links showed up. When the ring mangers approved my site they immediatley suspended me and delete my site from their rings. I wasn't even able to contact them to tell them about the html code.

I am useinf a yahoo site is that why the ssnb code doesn't work?

Replied - 07/04/2004
jderek, Depends what you mean by yahoo site. If you mean a yahoo group, then yes you can only use the HTML version in them, if your refering to a yahoo geocities site, then ssnb should be ok.

Im not a tec so cant look into it, but thought id post what i knew...

CE

Replied - 07/04/2004
It is possible to use the ssnb code for Yahoogroups. However you have to have the group description point to an offline site to do it using iframes. Andrea suggested doing it this way quite some time ago.

Replied - 07/04/2004
I tried to use the ssbn code the checker said the links were not on my site I placed the Html code on and the links showed up. When the ring mangers approved my site they immediatley suspended me and delete my site from their rings. I wasn't even able to contact them to tell them about the html code.

I am useinf a yahoo site is that why the ssnb code doesn't work?
========================================

There are ringmaster who require the use of the SSNB and will not permit HTML code as an option.

The most common reasons are that

1. It ensures that the navbar will be exactly what they want, without modification (intentional or accidental);

2. It permits them to alter the navbar from time to time (e.g., to change the graphic) and be certain that all of the sites will comply with the change.

To join such webrings you MUST use the SSNB.

If you are attempting to join such a webring with a "crippled" hosting service or other facility that does not permit JavaScript. you will have problems.

Some ringmasters won't permit you to join at all. For them the solution is simple: don't use "crippled" hosting services. Instead, if you are serious about the web, put your site on a hosting service that is serious ... one that permits JavaScript.

Other ringmasters will enable you to join using some other technique. For example, they might permit you to create a single webring page on a service that DOES permit JavaScript (e.g., Geocities) and to link it back and forth the the other site. They will admit you under these conditions.

(I'm in this second group. I have an article to help you here
http://JSH.us/h/rng1/wdc-msn.htm )

The most important thing to remember is that whether HTML is "sufficient" is a decision made by each individual webring owner.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 07/04/2004
jqa, thanks for adding that note, whilst i remembered you couldnt use ssnb in groups i forgot that there it a way around this one also... (-:

CE

Replied - 07/04/2004
Yes and it was so easy to do I'm surprised no one thought of it before. g

Replied - 07/04/2004
jqa: "I'm surprised no one thought of it before"

Could be that a lot of people still dont know its posible, or dont know how to code it right. There still is hope for those building help pages such as andrea, as a lot of people still and will always need help to get thigs working.

CE

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy