Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I have a question about the limit on joining rings - 07/03/2004
I joined 8 rings today and got a message telling me that I couldn't join anymore until tomorrow. What happened? I thought we could join more than that in a 24 hour period.

Replied - 07/03/2004
Opossum, looks as though the limit has come across you again, i dont know any of the specifics they use or the limits they use so youll need adrea or a system person to answer on this...

CE

Replied - 07/03/2004
I sent an email to help\support. Hopefully they will be able to tell me something.

Replied - 07/03/2004
that would be the hope, a little light shed on the way it works and exact limits imposed would help to work with it..

Replied - 07/03/2004
there is a limit. we got tired of having people with a site about "tires" joining 500 rings over a two day span, with only 5 or 6 having anything to do with "tires". Insert whatever subject you want where you see "tires". Some small number per day seems like a reasonbale compromise to allow members to join appropriate rings while placing some limit on idiots.

Replied - 07/03/2004
PS - we were inclined to make the number one, but can see that some people may uncover 2-3 in one day, with due dilligence, and figured they might forget if made to wait a day or two before joining all 2 or 3.

Replied - 07/03/2004
webring: "we got tired of having people with a site about "tires" joining 500 rings over a two day span, with only 5 or 6 having anything to do with "tires". Insert whatever subject you want where you see "tires". Some small number per day seems like a reasonbale compromise to allow members to join appropriate rings while placing some limit on idiots."

In expnatipon it makes sence. It is needed to limit the "idiots" as worded, from joining masses of rings not appropriate to the site they are joining to them, It also could help to limit people who flood the system with applications to valid rings for there site, but who only a couple of months latter start to fail in all those rings cause they wernt realy interested in the first place. A limit would atleast mean there in less rings before they realise they didnt care to join at all.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy