Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A Case in Point - 06/19/2004
I have a website entitled: "THE JAILHOUSE LAWYER" and have been a member of the WebRing community for a few years now.
If a person was to do a search on Google for the word "lawyer" at this moment, my website would be ranked #55 out of 32,400,000 search results. If a person was to search using the keywords "be your own lawyer" my website is ranked #6 out of 3,880,000 search results. If a person was to search using the keywords "Jailhouse Lawyer" my website is ranked #s 1 and 2 out of 23,900 search results.

I attribute the above rankings directly to my membership in the WebRing community and specifically to the ability to join more than a few rings as my website covers a variety of subject matter.

Traffic to my website has more than quadrupled since I became a member of WebRing. This benefit of traffic is reciprocal as my site is usually rated in the top of the rings delivering traffic to each ring in which it holds membership.

It is a win win situation that my website enjoys as a member of WebRing.

I feel that WebRing should be perceived more as an organism than an organization and as such should not be constrained in its Liberty to grow on its own. It should be nourished by way of new and better features that will promote its growth and not limit it.

WebRing is ALIVE!

Lazarst

P.S. Dear WebRing, If you are ever in need of an ambassador - I'll be your Huckelberry :-)

Replied - 06/19/2004
Ihave a website entitled: "THE JAILHOUSE LAWYER" and have been a member of the WebRing community for a few years now. If a person was to do a search on Google for the word "lawyer" at this moment, my website would be ranked #55 out of 32,400,000 search results. If a person was to search using the keywords "be your own lawyer" my website is ranked #6 out of 3,880,000 search results. If a person was to search using the keywords "Jailhouse Lawyer" my website is ranked #s 1 and 2 out of 23,900 search results.

I attribute the above rankings directly to my membership in the WebRing community and specifically to the ability to join more than a few rings as my website covers a variety of subject matter.

Traffic to my website has more than quadrupled since I became a member of WebRing. This benefit of traffic is reciprocal as my site is usually rated in the top of the rings delivering traffic to each ring in which it holds membership.

It is a win win situation that my website enjoys as a member of WebRing.

I feel that WebRing should be perceived more as an organism than an organization and as such should not be constrained in its Liberty to grow on its own. It should be nourished by way of new and better features that will promote its growth and not limit it.

WebRing is ALIVE!

Lazarst

P.S. Dear WebRing, If you are ever in need of an ambassador - I'll be your Huckelberry :-) Remember the story of the 4 four blind brothers and the elephant. They all perceived the elephant differently but that didn't change the elephant.

Replied - 06/19/2004
lazarst: "Remember the story of the 4 four blind brothers and the elephant. They all perceived the elephant differently but that didn't change the elephant."

I think that puts it all well...

CE

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy