Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Proposed Webring Wish: Full Stack Display As Premium Option - 06/04/2004
"Support receives at least one inquiry per day from someone wanting to display all navbars on their site instead of seeing just the single. In every case, the request is made by someone who is NOT supporting WebRing in any way. Since bandwidth is an expense, why not make the expanded navbar stack an option to those who have supported WebRing with a donation of at least $5? It will either encourage those who feel the need to force a full stack on visitors to support the host which provides the service or settle for the single and perhaps customize the link."

Seems to me this should be discussable by all members - not just Ring managers!!

I can see the logic behind this, and I hate slow pages with 50+ rings, mostly with WIDTH=100% navbars, hiding mine in a bottom corner.

But there is no way to enforce this proposal, and it will only encourage folk to tinker with the javascript - or use html - to evade the fee. And charging a mininum of $5.00 to new members will kill recruitment (forgetting the problem of existing members!!).

New-ish members are MOST likely to want to display all; more seasoned members are more likely to see the downside1

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy