Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Help please. - 05/24/2004
Hello. I am a total newbie and I have read up on the support links that are given when you sign up with webring. I was given the SSNB code after I joined and I added it to my page. I get the box up with the search icon and underneath I click "Member, check here for assistance with replacing this alert with your NavBar(s)."

I do that and the message says the u=defurl was not right and I had to replace it with u=defurl (that has me confused!)and so after a lot of trying to fix it I gave in and pressed the link for webring to change it for me. After I did that I am now told:

"This page appears to be yours since the WebRing User IDs match. But the U# doesn't seem valid. Here are likely issues/solutions:"

I am so confused. Also the code is in SSNB I wanted to know how can I get the html code instead. I've looked for the edit site function like it says in the help section, but can't see it. I don't think I am making sense, sorry.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Replied - 05/24/2004
Hi,
Probably best to start from the beginning!

First, be sure the page you entered is the same as the page you place the code on.

2. If it's not, you must edit your entry to the page you intend to use. (read carefully; if you are not in the right place, there's a note directing you.)

3. Then (and only once page is set), get your navigation bar code. Some rings will only allow SSNB, but if HTML is ok, there's a link beneath the SSNB box to get that code.

4. Place code on your page and upload.

5. Then wait and see what happens; with SSNB code, after a while (maybe an hour or two), a brown bar with 'pending' should appear on your site. With HTML, the bar will be complete, but the links will take you to the ring hub.

6. then wait for your site to be accepted ...

... work down this list, if you get stuck, we can explore that section in more detail.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy