Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

making all your webrings show - 04/25/2004
what HTML code do I add to my HTML navcode so that all my webrings show at one time on the page. I seems like it was something like '&n=top", but i can't find it again for sure. does anyone know the code or where to find it?

Replied - 04/25/2004
what HTML code do I add to my HTML navcode so that all my webrings show at one time on the page. I seems like it was something like '&n=top", but i can't find it again for sure. does anyone know the code or where to find it?
=================================

WebRing.com explains how, but it is sometimes difficult to find their explanation.

So I wrote an article to help people find it.

I put the article on my small
WebRing.com Help Site at
http://WebRingDotComHelp.org

Just go to that url, then
Click on thru
and check the article for members titled

How to Show All the Navbars:
This article points to the WebRing.com explanation of how to show all the navbars in a navbar stack. It also provides examples of how to use the WebRing.com instructions and offers additional help if needed.

If you need more assistance, do not hesitate to write me directly.

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 04/30/2004
Complete the next two steps to make your navigation bar use the non-single navbar SSNB version.

1) Alter the SSNB code snippet on your registered URL to include '&top=n' in the javascript call after the u=number parameter. For example, javascript src="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=j;y=YourWebRingID;u=90050879&top=n"

2) To change your navigation bar settings on webring.com, complete the following steps.

2.1) Go to www.webring.com . The "WebRing:" page should appear.
2.2) Click the "My Rings" link on the top of the page. The "WebRing: mr" page should appear.
2.3) Click the "View Web Sites" link in the "Member Tools" area on the left side of the page. The "WebRing: mu" page should appear.
2.4) Click the "x (edit)", where x corresponds to the U# of your web site's URL that is registered for this web ring, to edit the global U# information. The "WebRing: cu" page should appear.
2.5) Make sure that the second, "Show just navbar being surfed ...", and third, "Links page message and link....", checkboxes are unchecked. If they are not unchecked, then uncheck them.
2.6) Click the "Change" button on the bottom of the page.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy