Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

WebRing Feedback - 07/27/2011
Intersting comments. All completely without basis or merit. All those ring "masters" you talk about? They abandoned their rings. We did not take them away. Get it? The manager that does not manage is not "helping" in any way. They are in fact hurting the system as a whole.

We don't ask much of any member, and we do not bother any member unless they are acting in a way that is detrimental to other members of WebRing.

Managers that fail to manage are replaced. Simple concept. Simple consequence. All for the benefit of the *members*. Active managers are great, no argument there. They also tend to earn money from WebRing. Many of them do. Absent managers are are not great and there is no rational reason leave them in charge of a ring.

Replied - 07/27/2011
I saw the posts the other member made before they were removed. I for one am glad you took them off. derogatory personal remarks are not what we need.

I've been a manager for years now. Not a "mega-collector" but I have a number of rings. I don't find it that hard or complicated to do the basics of managing the ring.

I've been a ring member as well, and don't find the WebRing *system* that complicated either. What's complicated, I think,for new users is finding the code - if you don't copy it when it's given to you right on the spot - and then figuring our how to get it on your page. The first part WebRing can do something about. How I don't know. The second part is probably not anything they can "fix" or simplify. There are just too many hosting services, each of which has their own way of doing things.

All in all, I'm happy with WebRing, but for someone who is not I'd like ot hear some detail on what is complicated for you, without the negative remarks. Maybe it would be fixed if you could point out clearly what you think should be fixed.

Replied - 07/27/2011
Being relatively new, I would agree that finding the code and then figuring out what to do with is the main hurdle. Maybe if the code was right there when I sign in until I make it go away. that way it's pretty hard to lose :)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy