Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

David's wake up call part 2. - 04/05/2004
"There is no one way to prove that someone is an effective RingMaster. But there must be a point where one has too many Rings to be effective even if the number is different from one person to the next. So we just try to discourage collecting for the sake of having a number to brag about." You and I have had our moments WebRing. But I have to stand by you on that one.

And lastly, "04/01 (370) Re (369): WebRing Wake-Up call - idolplanets
Forums are a place to exchange ideas and provide a venue for open communication. Lets all try to be a little nicer." --- Give me a break! These forums are more entertaining than Jerry Springer. Please everyone - DON'T be nice to each other. Be YOURSELVES.

By the way - there is nothing inherently wrong with an agenda. I look at people like Mr Itzalist! and Mr Just-Another (to name just a couple) and examine the way they have interelated with WebRing. They put in what they get out of it, if one can achieve this fine balance, then good luck!

David.

Replied - 04/05/2004
"So we just try to discourage collecting for the sake of having a number to brag about." You and I have had our moments WebRing. But I have to stand by you on that one"

I stand by my conviction that the number doesn't matter nearly as much as the Ring Manager's committment. For some, one ring is too many...I wouldn't presume to impose my perception of the "right number" on others. I'm not sure what the right number is, but I can spot the wrong one. Its when new submissions don't get reviewed for months, its when the manager hasn't logged into the system for a year, its when their ring logo is pointing to a bad URL...That is when you know they have too many rings.

"Forums are a place to exchange ideas and provide a venue for open communication. Lets all try to be a little nicer." --- Give me a break! These forums are more entertaining than Jerry Springer. Please everyone - DON'T be nice to each other. Be YOURSELVES." Not all WebRing managers are opinionated loudmouths, some are dead. (Is that better?)

"there is nothing inherently wrong with an agenda. I look at people like Mr Itzalist! and Mr Just-Another (to name just a couple) and examine the way they have interelated with WebRing. They put in what they get out of it, if one can achieve this fine balance, then good luck!"

I hate agreeing with you on this...but if they aren't fulfilling a need in WebRing with THEIR style of Ring management...somebody else probably will.

Replied - 04/06/2004
For some, one ring is too many...I wouldn't presume to impose my perception of the "right number" on others. I'm not sure what the right number is, but I can spot the wrong one. Its when new submissions don't get reviewed for months, its when the manager hasn't logged into the system for a year,

A single ring manager can get away with not logging into the system for a year. But how long would a multi-ring mnanger last. My guess 80-90 days tops.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy