Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I can't get a web to get me off their system - 04/01/2004
I can't get gay homepage webring to take me off their list, what can I do? mail12me4u@aol.com, thanks

Replied - 04/01/2004
reply I can't get gay homepage webring to take me off their list, what can I do? mail12me4u@aol.com, thanks

Is this posting legit, or are you just having a laugh?

Replied - 04/01/2004

Could be either. I've had problems before with my sites being added to rings by other managers, and then remaining there (despite failing) because the manager doesn't have automanagement running.

Replied - 04/01/2004
mail12me4u@aol.com
Look at the email address, me4u is part of it. Why does it need to be included in one of these forums in the first place. My guess is that anyone naive enough to email this anonymous guest is just going to get swamped with spam.

Replied - 04/02/2004
Go to the ring hub (home page) look on the left for a link called "Leave This Ring". Click on it. Please don't leave your email adress lying around, you are likely to get all sorts of abuse and spam - if you write here, we'll likely reply here.

Replied - 04/02/2004
Two points here:
1) including an email address is not a good idea as our forumguest (and I know who you are but your secret is safe with me) has suggested. You are opening yourself up to unwanted emails, multiple responses, or missed instructions if the wrong answers are emailed and the correct one is posted. Also, you are likely not the only person with that question. YOu took the time to post so take the time to come back for the answer. This way others know what to do, too.
And a reverse warning to those who think they are doing a good deed by honoring an "email me" request: you are also risking unwanted email as well. It's best for everyone just to keep Forum issues in the Forum.
2) i also wish to expand upon what the forumguest said. Removing the membership is only the first step because the navbar will stay on your stack for a while. If you join another WebRing or force a stack rebuild through the "stack reorder" function, the navbar will be removed from your stack.

You never have to keep a WebRing membership, whether you joined or someone else submitted your site. You have full control of anything in your account. If you don't....well then it isn't really part of your account.

Drew

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy