Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Low follow through numbers - 11/02/2009
The latest newsletter has this lament: "Hundreds of new people join WebRing every day. Nearly as many even take the extra step of joining rings. However, only a tiny portion of those new members follow through with adding the NavBar and becoming an active member."

Here's a simple solution: dump or at least downgrade the navbar and replace it with a simple (and easily modified) HTML code for each ring. Most webmasters don't like to have someone else dictate the look and feel of the webmaster's site. Give the potential members some sense of freedom and flexibility and see how the numbers jump! (Personally, I've dropped most of the rings I used to belong to simply because I didn't like the way they handled the Navbar.)

Replied - 11/06/2009
Having a personalized navbar is an idea that has been under consideration for some time. But, that doesn't really address the issue. The problem is that many people simply don't even attempt to place ANY code on their page. The SSNB is HTML - HTML that is a javascript tag. However, the personal navbar has merit. What do MANAGERs think of this concept? Do members care what managers think, or whether navbars within the rings they belong to have consistent looking navbars?

Replied - 11/07/2009
I think SSNB navpanels is the way to go, the name of the webring and the Icon CAN be changed without referring to the site!

I think it will be favourite if you can combine the _SSNB_ navpanel, containing just the Icon and the Name (of the webring)and the colour of the navpanel (possibly.)
Followed by the _HTML_ part containing normalised the other part of the navpanel.

I browse round the webring, referring to the colour of the navpanel, then the Icon, without looking at the name! The name is only the check!!!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy