Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 17 - 19 of 19
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Adoption process...Score, what score? - 03/29/2004
--"If that manager has so many Rings that (s)he is unable to assist a member with a problem we have a bigger problem to address."--

Indeed, I agree with this statement completely. The problem comes in when we try to define "so many Rings". How many is that? Once again, there's no cut & dried answer. For one RM, 10 Rings may be entirely more than they can handle. On the other hand, another RM may have over 100 and manage each one very well every day. It depends on the RM and on the Rings they manage. That's why I listed some things OTHER THAN the number of Rings a member manages that might be considered when handing out adoptions... such as, DOES THE APPLICANT...

*login to their WebRing account regularly?
*review pending sites in a timely manner?
*promptly suspend FAILing sites?
*promptly reactivate PASSing sites?
*respond promptly to members' inquiries?
*have any unresolved member complaints on file with Support?

A manager who can answer on a positive note to each of the questions above would certainly not be considered a *bad* manager, regardless of the number of Rings they manage.

Don't you think so?

Michelle

Replied - 03/29/2004
Just don't say it is because you own "too many" webrings.

That is basic common sense, but some managers have on their webring home pages for all the best reasons that they have no time to chase applicants who fail to put in a navigation code. Couldn't WebRing get a little upset over this statement as well.
If so, where does all this cross the line with interfering eith how a manager chooses to run his or her rings.

Replied - 03/29/2004
=====================
. . . but some managers have on their webring home pages for all the best reasons that they have no time to chase applicants who fail to put in a navigation code. Couldn't WebRing get a little upset over this statement as well.

If so, where does all this cross the line with interfering eith how a manager chooses to run his or her rings.
=====================

It seems to be about perception.

Statement 1:
I have so many webrings I just don't have time to chase applicants who fail to put in the navigation code.

Statement 2:
In order to maximize my service to my webring members and ti create the best webrings in the world, I insist that all my members immediately put in the navigation code. Those who fail will not be admitted.

See. Exactly the same policy. Exactly the same result. Just different statements of the reasons.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy