Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Disability Discrimination by WebRing - 11/10/2008
I run a webring that tries to provide infoirmation reegardng a communication disability Auditory Processing Disorder (APD).
I have APD, and I keep on getting spam email from WebRing
From rmquery@mx2.webring.com rmquery@mx2.webring.com
entitled
Re: dolfrog, your WebRing, capd, needs to be managed

Well from the perspective of those who have my disaiblity our web ring does not need managing.
May be WebRing should become more awae of the needs of those who have communication disaiblities and stop discriminating against them.

best wishes
Graeme Wadlow
dolfrog.
Vice Chairman APDUK
http://www.apduk.org

Replied - 11/11/2008
Well, from our perspective it does/did need managing. This is not a form of discmination in any way, it is simply one of the duties that ALL managers agree to when they voluntarily become a manager. If this is something you cannot abide by then do the courteous (to the other members) thing and allow someone else to manage the ring.

Replied - 11/12/2008
I should advise the members to think twice about thinking we should give up the webring! The consequence is, the webring remains in the _adoption_ status indefinately 'cos webring insist that the webring is ???
The circus webring probably belongs to me, as I negotiate the webring to be handed over to me, BUT the webring thought otherwise, and the webring goes in adoption status!

I suggest that webring can differentiate between webrings which have a "ringmaster" to go to, and have not, as the Questions ask whether the "ringmaster" is a particular member, or open to the ring!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy