Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

AOL Latest... - 10/02/2008
Call me stunned... but part of the reason that I have stuck with AOL all these years is the free server space for members to upload their own sites.

As of 31.10.08 all members.aol.com/ are to be deleted. I imagine that as well as the hassle for all their members with either Hometown or ftp sites, this may cause a breakdown in the status of many of the rings.

Replied - 10/03/2008
And for anyone else who is perplexed by this posting, let me assure you it is real. Emails went to hometown and journal users on 10.01 and a posting was made to their blog 9.30. Both letters and instructions on back up can be found in the People Connection Blog http://www.peopleconnectionblog.com/

For those in this situation, remember that there are many great FREE website hosts still out there. One you MIGHT not have heard of is 110mb.com. I just recently hosted a site there because some JavaScripting I wanted to use for photo albums would NOT function on either Geocities, Angelfire, or Tripod. Plus 110mb.com does not impose ads on your website. To see the example visit http://www.RickNicholasRacing.com.

I'm not saying it's the ONLY option, but it's one good one. Anyone ELSE have any recommendations?

Replied - 11/03/2008
HELP!! I've been storing images with AOL for years, they've deleted everything. Can anyone suggest where I can go for "big time" storage? I don't mind paying obviously if it's reasonable. I'm stuck!!!

Replied - 11/04/2008
How much storage are you talking about? You can try the simplenet link at the bottom of the page. Their support is very good (human in the noc 24/7 which has come in handy more than once).

Replied - 11/06/2008
Thanks! I need a fair bit, besides webrings images here I have others plus loads of Top Site Lists, Search Engines etc. And... there isn't just me, my other half and a couple of the kids are all involved so it works out to be a fair amount of space needed.

I think I might have found a place that only charges $1.95 a month for 999000mb Storage Space and the same for
Monthly Bandwidth. We can all sign up for new accounts if needed as I have no idea at all how much bandwidth we use.

The fun part is going to be changing all the URLs - what joy grrrr.

Replied - 11/06/2008
hehe. moving is a pain in general! Good luck, sounds like a decent deal. Hopefully your search engine ranks will come back quickly.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy