Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Missing Nav Bars - 07/27/2008
Has this problem been fixed yet?

I am getting nag e-mails to manage rings that I have this problem with and am now forced to deny membership to the applicants rather than risk losing my rings. They were only standing pending waiting for this to be fixed.

Replied - 08/21/2008
Helloooo - anyone home? It's been nearly a month since my post and it would really help if we knew if this problem was fixed or not.

Replied - 08/22/2008
This is not the appropriate place to post if you are expecting answers. Members come here and occasionally answer, however no one is expected to. Staff comes here once in a while, but is not obligated to respond in such an informal environment.

Your best bet is to use the Help system and/or contact Support via the Help system.

Replied - 08/22/2008
I would use the Help option if it worked. I can't read tickets from my account so there is no point in asking anything when I have no idea if it's been responded to or what has been said. Let alone if a ticket has been recieved in the first place.

I was told that WebRing do monitor both forums via a webring staff member on the shout box, I am sorry but it extremely important that we know what is happening.

I'll just have to keep denying the applications that do not appear on the stacks, as you chose not to give any kind of answer I haven't got much choice.

Replied - 08/22/2008
Navbars: We need specifics. User ID, ring ID, site ID #.

Support tickets: We need specifics. Ticket #, date you submitted it, what happens when you try to access it.

Generalities do not help us duplicate problems, and more importantly, do not help us fix them.

Replied - 08/23/2008
I'm sorry but I have no records of submitted tickets. I assumed they would be handled and didn't see the need to write things down. I get no notice of them being submitted and no way to access them, most places that use a ticket system have a "Read Ticket" link but so far I've not found one. I'm guessing there is not a link because none have ever been delivered?

I've already denied the sites without the navbars and suggested they try applying again.

Replied - 08/25/2008
If you're not receiving email notices regarding the creation and closing of tickets then your email is very likely filtering WebRing mail out. For that we can only suggest trying to alter your "junk/bulk" settings.
brbrOn yahoo, for example, if mail gets sent to bulk (which it does regularly, at the some time you'll have email in inbox and bulk/spam from the same domain) you need to open the email in the spam folder, THEN click the not spam button to help train the silly thing.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy