Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Adoption process is whacked! I continue to be ignored! - 03/26/2004
Another ring I applied to adopt was given to the following MORE QUALIFIED "Ring Manager". My score is 8.35, theirs is -47.5. You can not STILL believe the system isn't broken??? (not to mention the 7 to 10 day supposed adoption period)

"Thank you for your interest in becoming RingMaster of The Ring of Usagi and Mamoru. The system has choosen txdsm as the new RingMaster."

"Hi! The Member you are inquiring about is:
txdsm - last active 02/14/2004 08:52:58 PST, 41.23 days ago.
Email status: un-verified"

ID: txdsm, score=-47.5 (max 11 - 5.5 for sites, 5.5 for Rings)

Replied - 03/26/2004
"Hi! The Member you are inquiring about is:
txdsm - last active 02/14/2004 08:52:58 PST, 41.23 days ago.
Email status: un-verified"

ID: txdsm, score=-47.5 (max 11 - 5.5 for sites, 5.5 for Rings)

Now that says it all doesn't it.

Let's face it webring staff, you will not ever keep everyone happy so why make more unhappy.

Clearly the above is an excellent example of your efforts to stop the wrong people getting rings has failed and in the process of failing, it has upset others who would have been better qualified.

Time to re-evaluate that fomular again, perhaps?

Replied - 03/26/2004
The "formula" is constantly under review. "guest" clearly is not any more qualified than a doorstop, and animationturnpike has 50 plus rings which limits his ability to adopt more, and animationturnpike is not even of the member of the ring in question while the new RM is. The single fault of the new RM is an unverified email address, so the Ring is under probational ownership.

Replied - 03/26/2004
The "formula" is constantly under review.
-----

That is positive and reassuring.

"guest" clearly is not any more qualified than a doorstop,
-----

That is negative and concerning.

animationturnpike has 50 plus rings which limits his ability to adopt more, and animationturnpike is not even of the member of the ring in question while the new RM is.
-----

Looking at txdsm score, seems that huge reduction of -50 plays a very important roll in the fomular but I am just a doorstop. But that -50 aside, txdsm score would be 4.5 which is still 4 less than that of animationturnpike.

The single fault of the new RM is an unverified email address, so the Ring is under probational ownership.
-----

Yes but that single fault has cost txdsm -50, and yet animationturnpike has paid a reduction of 1.05 for too many rings.

Oh well now I do not understand, but it it doesn't matter, being called a doorstopper seems akin of Yahoo! days and that is sad.

Replied - 03/27/2004
(different forumguest)

Isn't it really about time that webring considered quality over quantity?

It's simply silly to keep maintaining that "ringcollectors" are worse managers than 'oneringers'. Very silly.

Many of the very best managers - consistently near 100, day in, day out, are the 'professional managers', whose hobby is not webring topics, but webrings themselves.

If not expert in the topic, they make the effort to learn enough to be better managers than many of the fanatical owners with their seriously weird rules and regs.

Why this predjudice on size alone?

Replied - 03/27/2004
This gets funnier by the minute.

Nearly fell out of my chair when this arrived.

The ring name is a bit ironic don't you think.

Thank you for your interest in becoming RingMaster of I Am Not Here And This Is Not Really Happening. The system has choosen rockinghorse as the new RingMaster.

If you are still interested in becoming a RingMaster, we encourage you to create your own Ring using this link:
http://new.webring.com/wrnewring

Thank you for your interest and participation in WebRing.

The WebRing Team

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy