Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Site redirection - 07/03/2008
I have an issue with the fact that when clicking on the webring link on my site my customers are redirected and cannot click back to my site. The link is on my homepage so my customers click on and are gone. Hopefully this can be corrected -- if not I'll have to remove the link. Please advise --Vickie

Replied - 07/03/2008
Ummm, it's meant to.

We refer to it as sharing traffic with other members of that ring community. Which is what being a member of a webring is all about.

Replied - 07/03/2008
I have an issue with the fact that when clicking on the webring link on my site my customers are redirected and cannot click back to my site. The link is on my homepage so my customers click on and are gone. Hopefully this can be corrected -- if not I'll have to remove the link. Please advise --Vickie
= = = = = = =

Correcting this flaw requires that the navigation links do NOT leave the window but rather open a new window. (target=_window)Although this has been discussed for several years, I am unaware of any automated or systematic way to implment this.

Last time I checked it WAS possible to customize your navbar to explicitly specify the opening of a new window in order to preserve the context of your current page. However, I have not checked on this for a while.

I'd be happy to discuss more if you wish.

James S. Huggins
http://JSH.us/email-webring

Replied - 07/03/2008
Ummm, it's meant to. We refer to it as sharing traffic with other members of that ring community. Which is what being a member of a webring is all about.
= = = = = =

It is not necessary to close the current window to share traffic. You may open a new window without closing the current window as a way to share traffic.

This technique (which is what happens in Windows Explorer if you SHIFT-CLICK on any link) allows full sharing and then, when the exploration is complete, a simple close brings you back to the origination page.

James S. Huggins

http://JSH.us/email-webring

Replied - 07/04/2008
I know, you can also right click and select "Open in new window" but I was assuming most internet users know which way to go about doing so.

You can add script to open all links in new windows to the page too which might be what this user needs.

Replied - 07/04/2008
Oh and if using HTML code you can alter the navigation links to open in new windows too.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy