Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Adoption process. Lets agree to disagree. - 03/26/2004
...reply The "formula" is constantly under review

This is all I am asking. I'll take you at your word.

..."guest" clearly is not any more qualified than a doorstop.

And I thought I might be coming across a bit strong!

...animationturnpike has 50 plus rings which limits his ability to adopt more.

I still don't see how that makes me so bad. They are entirely rings devoted to my passion, Anime. The overall nav rating for my rings is 98.267, and include the #2, #25, and #90 Top Rated rings out of 57000+ rings in all of WebRing. I hope you guys get over this prejudice against your biggest supporting members someday, its getting a bit self-destructive.

The single fault of the new RM is an unverified email address...

Oh, well that makes a -47 adoption score OK. (Am I the only one who noticed the emporer has no clothes?)

OK, I admit I'm a "bit" upset about losing another ring that I felt had great potential. If my perception that the process is unfair is so out of line with WebRing's perception, its making me begin to wonder if I really should invest so much time and energy in this.

On the point about the adoption process, I guess we need to agree to disagree. I am no more likely to pursuade you, than you are to pursuade me.

animationturnpike

Replied - 03/26/2004
...animationturnpike has 50 plus rings which limits his ability to adopt more.

I still don't see how that makes me so bad. They are entirely rings devoted to my passion, Anime. The overall nav rating for my rings is 98.267, and include the #2, #25, and #90 Top Rated rings out of 57000+ rings in all of WebRing.......

They call it ring collecting which these days is frowned upon by WebRing management. But do ringmasters with only one or two rings log in every day? Of course not, applications are left pending for days or weeks on end and eventually the rings are pulled back again for adoption. You say you have a passion for anime. Fair play, it is perfectly reasonable to want a multiple number of rings on different varieties in that category and try to make something good of them. Lets hope one day that WebRing review their position on the multi-ringmanagers because at the moment they are putting in place practises which are working against those putting in the most amount of time and effort.

Replied - 03/26/2004
I suggest that the evidence be laid before the WebRing Manager court of opinion! What evidence exists which would lead a reasonable person to conclude that managers having "too many" rings is not conducive to the positive growth and health of the WebRing system?

Is it possible that the decision to punish those ringmanagers who answered the call to adopt rings that were abandoned due to the changeover from Yahoo was a knee-jerk response?

I don't find in these forums much support for the present ring adoption system. Does that matter?

I agree with those that have agreed to disagree here.

Live long and prosper - WebRing!

Lazarst

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy