Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Harassment of Users & appropriate use of WebRing - 03/22/2004
I just removed a pair of posts a moment ago discussing possible harassment of a specific WebRing or registered User. The posts were removed not because I don't believe the subject is relevant but because the initial post in the thread could be considered equally as harassing. It named a specific User ID in a public posting. Any complaints about a User should come to WebRing Support on the Abuse form.

Apparently this User was reported previously to me and I gave some advice for beating them at their game. However, the post suggested that the User in question may have changed the rules. That still doesn't warrant a public posting using their ID.
Instead a new Abuse report to WebRing Support would be very appropriate.

I feel that the situation of repeated multiple URLs submissions to the Ring from one User is definitely a violation of line "L" in the member conduct clause in the Terms of Service. When the suggestions I give do not result in a cessation of the actions, we have an undeniable breech of the ToS that will have to be handled.

So to anyone who is in this situation please use that Abuse form. If you aren't certain, read the Terms of Service at http://dir.webring.com/h?terms first. Then document your complaint.

I may never be able to stop the User completely. He'll likely get a new ID and just start over again. But we can make life as difficult for him as he's making it for you.

Replied - 03/22/2004
This is very upsetting to me. I wanted to alert others about this person. I notified you again a few nights ago about this member or another member. It could have been the same person but as there is no way of knowing because of varying user ID's.

Thank you very much indeed for your help. Cheers!

Regards,

Anne

UK

Replied - 03/23/2004
Since I'm poking around in here today, I asked TJ a second ago if he has any abuse forms from you and he says the only claim he has is from whoever you are upset with, but it's against you. Apparently the user accused you of making threats against him in a denial message. TJ says the user was advised to stay away from your Rings because apparently he provoked the whole situation.
I don't know what is going on and it's probably best that I don't, but if TJ doesn't have any RECENT reports from you, I wonder what happened to them. Is there a problem with the support form? When did you last submit an inquiry? Did it use the "Abuse" topic? Those are the ones that go straight to TJ because he handles all of the Terms of Service issues.
No matter, I think this is over, unless the guy wants his account deleted, because TJ isn't putting up with anymore of it.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy