Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I'm Puzzled! navpanel incorrect, but I am in ring... - 01/18/2008
I am Puzzled! The navpanel is incorrect, but I am in the ring, and the status checker says pass - "The Navigation Wizard has determined this site has valid navigation code on it already."

The ring is "Adopt This WebRing", and it's system who controls it!

What am to do? Invent a random U# no., and adjust the navpanel to suit this ("Your Ring Memberships / Your Web sites in URL Order")
Or wait till the ring complains or rectifies?

Replied - 01/18/2008
Nest time two things:
1. A LOT more information. You ahev 6 urls in 6 different rings. Please specify which one you're looking at so someone here doesn't have to methodically go through each. They WON'T as a rule. The only one that matches some of your information is the pacific islands ring. The code when we view the page, while embedded in some other thing on the page. appears OK.
2. This is NOT the place for this. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of navigation code HERE is the place. If you want HELP with navigation code then use the help link.

Replied - 01/19/2008
(1. You ahev ...)
May I say that the posting was NOT FROM ME!
The "system guy" was using the account from myself and didn't want to use his own, I won't say how I know!

(2. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of navigation code ...)
It _thought_ it was of general interest! If it not of interest to the forum I'm sorry!

I was E-mailed from Germany in one hour from the Posting), saying "the #U has little to do with it" and said, "leave it alone and it will be all right in two days 'at the most'"
The e-mail was right, As you found out with using my account...

I'm sorry, I shall not formulate "general interest" topics again.

Replied - 01/19/2008
posting was not from you, true. We need to access accounts in order to track down troubles.

The post may be OF interest, but it was not a general interest post. You didn;t ask in general how "nav panels" work. You said that yours was wrong, clearly looking for a solution to your immediate problem.

There is a very clear difference. But, having said that, feel free to make support requests here. You may get the right answers, you may not. The members have a very braod knowledge of the system.

Replied - 01/19/2008
===It _thought_ it was of general interest! If it not of interest to the forum I'm sorry!---

bendall, I hope you do 'bother' to post again, I might be the only one paying attention, but I think these discussions and opinions are the best way to get anywhere. I was under the impression the forums are to be used to discuss webrings. By the community. You posted a question, the second post was by the system, the same system who says this is not the place. No wonder there's agravation.

====posting was not from you, true. We need to access accounts in order to track down troubles.

2. This is NOT the place for this. ===

I can not believe this! System went into a members account and actually used another's name on the members forum, pretending to be him? And the member is admonished...

And then, even knowing this, another system member resents that the member was incensed? Unbelievably juvenile!

"System"
Where is bendalls apology? He is owed one - big time and
publicly.

I know there are times you may have to look at private accts. urls are the only reason I can think of, but to use the identity and post a complaint, pretending to be another is against the law. It's a violation of Terms, isn't it?

I don't believe I can trust the system anymore. There is something very wrong here.

Replied - 01/20/2008
Please take a moment to get a grip. First of all, we NEED to log into peoples accounts. In this case especially so because the information provided was very inadequate. It was worhtwhile reposting to the forum to clarify that help is the proper place to go and complete information is useful/necessary

For Posting to the forum while still logged into his account was an oversight, not a conspiracy. For rousing the conspiracy theory folks we apologize. For solving his problem we don't. For posting from his account there is no need to appologize, big time or otherwise. It was a POST regarding the problem he was having.

For directing to the appropriate place to SOLVE PROBLEMS we don't apologize either. There can be a grey area between a discussion ABOUT a problem, and getting a PROBLEM SOLVED (just ask yourself why you're posting should clarify).

In that case, POST TO BOTH PLACES. One to get the problem FIXED. The other to vent or gain additional insight, or to pass along information to others about how tot resolve the issue themselves.

Please try to see this somewhat more dispassionately. We're trying to help, by steering people to the proper place for help. If it becomes unclear whether one should use the help system for help, and discuss topics in the forum then too many people like bendall will post in the forum expecting HELP which the memerbship may not be able to provide. Then they'll write back saying how we "never provide any help" when they repeatedly ask for help.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy