Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I'm so confused ,Please some help me! - 12/02/2007
My web ring was put up for adoption. What does this mean to me? AND Please, How do I get it back? I do not want it for adoption.
I belong to 40 rings and have passing codes for all. I have 8 sites in my own ring, What should I do?

Replied - 12/02/2007
WebRing.com has a variety of criteria which they use to determine when they seize a webring from its ringmaster and either run the ring themselves or offer it for adoption to someone one.

While I believe it is rare for such a webring to be returned, you can try by
1) click on help
2) you will find a link that says "The above information does not pertain to my problem, I would like to mail support"
3) click that link
4) write a polite, apologetic letter begging forgiveness for your transgression and promising to do better

My experience is that getting a webring back is extremely difficult and rare.

One thing to do is to check the email settings for your webring. As a general rule, Webring.com will send you emails alerting you to your problem before seizing your webring. Many individuals lose their webring to system seizure because the have not set their email option to actually email them. Instead their emails go into the email bucket on the Webring.com system. Then, when they do not log in and/or do not check their email bucket they do not realize that Webring.com is warning them about their problem.

Please know that ignoring such warnings can result in the seizure of your webring.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that Webring.com has notified you a number of times before seizing your webring.

Let us know how it goes.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 12/03/2007
James wrote:
If I had to bet, I'd bet that Webring.com has notified you a number of times before seizing your webring.

Indeed we did. The usual 7 times over 7 weeks. The it was taken over...last *MAY*.

Replied - 12/05/2007
Has WebRing ever thought about returning rings to managers under some type of "probationary" model. I suspect SOME managers who created rings on topics they care about lost their rings as a result of things like bad email addresses. in most cases they built these rings to what they are. Rather than put those rings into the pool of the thousands (tens of thousands?) of rings under system management..you may want to explore another option. Even Scrooge was able to be rehabilitated.

dinosaur

Replied - 12/05/2007
We think about all sorts of things. We even try some :)
A good manager is going to be better than a system managed ring in the long run. The trouble is in finding them - time involved in checking and then monitoring. But eventually it must happen

We're edging in the direction of community rings. In essence allowing the members to decide on pending submissions and other day-to-day actions. The thought being that the group is less likely to take a 6 month break than one individual.

Replied - 12/05/2007
==In essence allowing the members to decide on pending submissions and other day-to-day actions.==

Umm, Do you mean let them vote or whoever is active on that day can make a decision? Does anyone smell the oder of sulfur? lol

I would like to see each ring master have an active forum so its members could get to know each other. With a couple of moderators that could actually do something if a problem came up. One should be on hand when the other one isn't, the ring could continue to be managed if the RM is offline for an extended time. As it is now, we don't know each other, nor do we know the ringmaster. We are pissed if the RM doesn't respond and this would take care of it. A friendly community generally have less issues to deal with.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy