Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Nav bar and web ring logos (pictures) have gone missing - 03/15/2004
Is anyone else experiencing this? I was just on one of my sites and I noticed this and have checked others as well as the home pages of my web rings and the logos are missing there as well.

Regards,

Anne

UK

Replied - 03/17/2004
Yes, If you click on the "Navigation Bar link from the management page...it seems to trigger the system to "refresh' the picture and restore the logo. Don't ask me why, but it seems to work.

Replied - 03/17/2004
Is happening on a few of mine too. Just wondering how many and how long it will take me to retrieve the missing logos.

Replied - 03/18/2004
This is something that should have been reported immediately to the Member Resources & Technical Support Forum http://r.webring.com/forum?forum=ringhelp
Several inquiries were made to WebRing Support; however, by the time we reached them, no missing logos were noted. By reporting system anomalies to the Forum, they can be communicated to the programmers faster. In addition to a quicker fix, the Forum may even be able to explain the cause.
Generally, reports made to Support will not be seen until the problem has already righted itself or been stumbled upon by a programmer. Reports made in a discussion Forum will result in conversation between the Users but no repair.

Replied - 03/18/2004
According to my forum memberships page, I am a member of the MR&TS Forum (twice actually!). I was a member of the *old* forum. Once the *new* forum was reopened, I reapplied for membership. Maybe this was unnecessary, but in any case... I just tried to submit a message to the forum concerning *missing navbar logos & ring logos* and was given this message:

Member Resources & Technical Support
We're sorry but this Forum only allows message posts from members.
Return to WebRing Home. Need Help?

Is the forum OPEN or not? Where do we report such things as system problems?

Thanks,
Michelle

Replied - 03/18/2004
OK... I now see that ONE MR&TS membership (the *old* one?) says 'active'. The other says *pending*. So, I'll take it that my membership in the *new* forum hasn't yet been approved. I thought it had, since I received this email:

"Welcome to the Member Resources & Technical Support Forum. Please note that if you made a posting to this Forum, it may have been answered prior to your being approved for membership. Be sure to view prior posts to see if yours has already been handled. ... etc."

Reading that, I thought I *was* approved for membership.

Thanks anyway...
Michelle

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy