Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I also want my membership removed - 11/13/2007
After years of work putting several rings together, and the hours spent, i'm gone a short time for personal reasons and i get no warning, no e-mails, nada and many of my rings are now gone, only a few left so i deleted them and i want to be removed from this place ASAP!

Thanks for NOTHING Web ring, you don't care about anyone but yourselves and you give no way to contact you, this site is a joke!

Replied - 11/14/2007
Everything you claim OTHER than being "gone for awhile" for personal reasons is wrong.

You were sent a steady stream of weekly reminders to please manage the ring(s) you were responsible for, for EACH ring that was in need of management. As we have said OVER and OVER the email reminder is a best effort to contact you. If your email address is old/invalid, or the email goes into a bulk folder you don't check then you won't read the reminder. However, you are still responsible for managing the ring in a timely fashion. Not because WebRing cares directly, but because the human being that has submitted their site to the ring you manage deserves to be treated decently.

You were "gone for awhile" for this long when ring management privilege was rescinded:
151 days
191 days
137 days
242 days

That is not "gone for awhile" - anything more than a few days and you should recruit someone from the community to take over basic management until you return.

Lastly, you can use the same method to delete your account as you failed to use when you claim there is no way contact us. Try clicking the Help link at the top or bottom over every page on WebRing. Then you can enter "delete" in the help system search box at the *bottom* of the page to learn how to delete your account.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy