Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Individualized nav bars? - 10/29/2007
I would like to have individual nav bars come back. They are much more attractive(not as generic) than the transparent system ones. They are much easier to recognize by sight while surfing from page to page, instead of having to read the title of each. Some titles are almost identical and I've gotten off track at times and left the ring I wanted. Frustrating.

The navs themselves should be pictorially descriptive of the site represented to entice the readers/surfers.

Replied - 10/31/2007
We are inclined to agree with your assessment. The transparent nav code is simply the default - it can be changed. We're always open to ideas for a better default of course.

What about letting each site owner have a navbar design? Then each ring being navigated that that site belongs to would fit into that layout? Would look pretty awful if you show the full stack - which we rarely recommend of course.

Replied - 11/01/2007
===Would look pretty awful if you show the full stack - which we rarely recommend of course.=== ( I wish bold/italics were available) lol

I agree it looks awfully jumbled when large bars are interspersed with small. If there was a standard size they would line up and be easier to see. (if that option was chosen by a member)

I do like to see other nav bars though, especially if they are in the same genre. I've come across some great sites I didn't know was out there that way. There used to be a link to 'see all webrings' underneath the bar, and I used it often. Having more than one showing is a benefit to me. I also like a brief description on the bar.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy