Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Setting site to private - 06/06/2007
I think we need a button to push when we make a site private to work on it. I closed my site to public view for a few days only to work on it and I was suspended from two rings. The rings happened to be on the page I privatized.

While I am one of the first to shout when rings don't navigate properly, they could be made to skip sites that are unavailable for a short time. An off line option would save some time and aggravation for all sides. The checker would know if it's a 'failed' or 'limited time private'.

"You have been suspended!" sounds so final - and mean. lol

Just an opinionated thought. No problem

Replied - 06/08/2007
That's a thought. Programs being what they are there are some considerations. Presumably this would not be a "self-suspend" although that would be simpler to implement. the problem with that approach is that when you activate you *should* go back to your old place in the ring. front would result in people self-suspending and activating to get to the front. rear is a bit of a penalty....

Thinking on it....

Replied - 06/09/2007
you *should* go back to your old place in the ring. front would result in people self-suspending and activating to get to the front. rear is a bit of a penalty....
================
I didn't know I would go back as 'NEW'. I show new on one ring but not the other. Yeah, people will do that without some sort of control being in place.

Thanks,

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy