Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Message to ID 'njjimf' - 04/18/2007
Re: your denial e-mail "I am unfortunately unable to approve your application to this WebRing,as the ring is for sites with content related to the topic. At the current time, I am not adding sites that are only links to other rings."...

...I am sorry about the bogus application to your webring. I did not make this application, it was again, made on my behalf by someone at WebRing. WHY is someone making these applications to other rings???????

Replied - 04/19/2007
You need to contact Support with full details of this situation before we can even begin to provide an answer.

This is not the appropriate place to ask for Support's help and other members/managers will not be able to answer the question at all.

WebRing

Replied - 04/19/2007
I did and was told I should of just deleted the memberships and not broadcast the fact that they were made. Not exactly helpful I'm afraid.

I don't actually expect another ring member or manager to give me an answer but they do need to know that someone(s) is doing this.

Sorry, I deleted the other ID after removing the second application that was made. I have one pending and one active on this ID, neither of which I made myself. These and this ID will be deleted also.

Replied - 04/19/2007
For the record, the site that was submitted to my ring was a "join page" for another WebRing with a similar topic to my ring. It contained no other content. There is no reason I can think of why I would want someone else's ring join page in my ring..though its understandable they may want some of my ring members or visitors to join their ring. If this is a case of someone else somehow using another person's WebRing ID...seems odd that the person reporting it got the denial email. Also, what was not included in the post was the rest of the email that said "If you believe your site should not have been denied membership, I strongly encourage you to email me. I will be happy to work with you on assisting in getting your site into the ring."

I take great pride in my rings, and wanted to make sure folks reading these posts don't get the wrong impression.

Regards,

njjimf

Replied - 04/20/2007
Sorry - I have no problem with you refusing the application, it was only a ring homepage and I personally wouldn't expect you to have accepted it.

The point is I DIDN'T make the appliction, someone at WebRing is adding my ring homepages to other peoples rings - they are messing about in my accounts and other peoples. I would NOT apply to another persons webring with nothing but a homepage.

I am even getting e-mails from other people asking me to delete memberships to my rings that they haven't made.

I am deleting these accounts as I find applications I haven't made, the ID's used for the previous posts are now gone. It's getting very annoying, there should be no reason whatsoever for anyone to access members ID's unrequesed, especially not to join rings on their behalves.

Replied - 04/20/2007
Woops...I would get the denial e-mails if the appliation were made through my webring accounts.

I couldn't respond to the denial e-mial as there was no link to do so - I came to this forum because I had no way to contact you and I am aware that you do come to the forums.

Doesn't matter...

Replied - 04/20/2007
Thanks for following up, I now understand that the issue was not with me. I hope that WebRing is able to help you resolve this. I am guessing that this may have been done in good faith by one of the people they have helping clean up the redundant rings, who may not have understood the confusion in taking these actions. (Just a theory)

Best wishes,

njjimf

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy