Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

where did the community go? Part ONE - 04/18/2007
"From what I've read on the manager's forum these are the facts."

I wouldn't worry about everything you read in the manager's forum. Some people are simply resistant to change, even if it's good change. Some people simply don't understand that in order for Webring, the rings in Webring, and the sites in the rings to rank higher in the internet world these changes HAVE to be made. Also, while you'll "hear" the people upset by the changes, you'll rarely hear from the people that believe the cahnge is for the best - we're too busy helping Webring clean thing up.

"A manager of a ring I belong to had her ring taken away without her knowledge or consent, and it was put up for adoption. She wasn't aware until I told her, and she was surprised by the action. I'm questioning whose ring it was."

I would say that is part of the problem. I know many of the rings I've cleaned up and helped Webring merge hadn't been touched in MONTHS. Just because there's no new site submission doesn't mean there isn't work to be done on a ring. What about failing sites? If a manager doesn't log in, how do they know sites are failing? How do they know if a ring has new site submissions? How do they know all the sites in a ring are still on topic? (Sites sometimes change direction, but still leave the ring code on the site. Sometimes these site changes are NOT something you'd want in a G-Rated ring!)

So for this manager to have her ring put up for adoption she had to ignore many e-mails from Webring. Was she also ignoring emails about failing sites? New submissions? Was her email addy even verified/current with Webring so they could contact her? Sorry, if she ignored email from Webring about her ring, she was ignoring her ring - not in the best interest of her ring members.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy