Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Outsider perspective of issues - 11/10/2006
I'm really trying to work with the "new" webring model. I have a single site on a single ring. I'm a business owner and just want the benefit of being in another community resource. Our ringManager quit due to frustrations here and I've been trying for months to adopt our community ring. I get a notice every couple months to adopt it if I want it, and that a new manager will be "chosen" in 7-10 days, but that never happens.

I tried to bring my concerns to the Ring Manager forum but I'm told I need to be a "member". There are 3 member categories, Premium 1, Premium 2, and Free. I'm a Free member for now. But I canít post to the Ring Manager's forum because I'm "not a member". Does that mean a "paying member"? Please say so and if I can adopt our ring and post to the forum Iíll pay the couple bucks for a membership! I donít like the idea that our ring has been abandoned because someone at webrings.com canít figure out who should manage it. Our community has people ready and willing to do so! None of us are ring-mongers, we donít do this ring thing, we just run our businesses, so we donít qualify as experienced ringManagers. But we do administer other sites and community initiatives. Itís silly to not let someone adopt a ring because they donít already manage other rings.

The link for "all of the information about this forum" to http://home.dejazzd.co is invalid, an http://home.dejazzd.coM only has an image, no info or even a mention of webrings. If someone would post a FAQ about exactly whatís expected we might be able to meet the challenge Ė with no info and no responses to our requests to adopt our ring, we have no idea whatís expected.

The lack of connection between the webring.com owners and the current and prospective community is huge. Fix that and a lot of the other issues people discuss here will also be fixed. Maybe the recent survey will help webring.com owners to understand these problems. Thanks for your time.

Replied - 11/10/2006
1. To post in the ringmanagers forum you must be a member of the ringmanagers forum. Not a member of WEBRING.COM but a member of the FORUM.

2. To be a member of the ringmanagers forum you must be a ringmanager.

3. I have some limited, independent help resources here:
http://WebRingDotComHelp.org

4. I, and many others, will attempt to assist if you post questions here.

Disclaimer: At this time I am undecided how I will continue with the WebRing.com system.

James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 11/11/2006
It would be best if you were to log in, use the Help/Support form and choose the drop down option of "Adopt-a-Ring-I want to and can't"

You'll get a faster response from the person responsible that way.

WebRing

Replied - 12/12/2006
Original posting = 2447. Taking advice from posting 2455, on 11/22 I did send a note to support with all details (including direct contact information) and qualifications for our ability to support our ring , but we've received no reply. We have a business ring that's been available for adoption for many months and qualified people with over 20 years of community presence who want to adopt and grow it and try to generate some revenue for WebRing. What motivates WebRing owners? How serious are they about this effort? Aren't they interested in funding or at least letting the model work as they've designed it? Why are they impeding their own processes? I really don't get this. I'm not complaining like some people here who just get ticked and indignant - I'm trying to conduct business and there is no dialog with this vendor.

Replied - 12/16/2006
*******You wrote: Original posting = 2447. Taking advice from posting 2455, on 11/22 I did send a note to support with all details (including direct contact information)....edited for brevity... I really don't get this. I'm not complaining like some people here who just get ticked and indignant - I'm trying to conduct business and there is no dialog with this vendor.*******

My reply:

Several of us are ticked and indignant, but with good cause. You are experiencing what those of us that are 'ticked' have been experiencing for years. What's amazing is that we have endured for so long.

Goo luck with getting communication.

What webring doesn't get is that most of us would gladly have cleaned Webring up and eliminated the excess for them, if only they had asked nicely. I'm sure webring orchestrated this whole thing to reduce the load and initiate the exodus.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy