Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

manager forum has disappeared - 11/05/2006
Is this an accident?

Replied - 11/05/2006
Guess I should have read the posts below first. OOPS

It is not surprising that the forum has disappeared. Is this one next?

WebRing help forums are taking the final stpe towards emulating the HELPLESS Microsoft Help files and forums.

Replied - 11/05/2006
Well, the one thing I'll say about the managers forum disappearing is that I'm not at all surprised that it's happened. Many of us managers (myself included) are not happy with what's happening, and some were - in my opinion - rather brutal in their statements. Now, I'm not going to defend WebRing, but I know that *I* wouldn't take some of the abuse that they were getting if it were me.

Am I happy with developments? - NO. But I don't own WR, they do.
Am I trying to work within the new system? - YES.
Do I intend to remain a WR member? - YES. Absolutely!
Did I have many ring memberships? - YES.
Do I still? - NO, actually, just 2 at the moment - both in the ring I manage.
Did I manage several rings? - YES, 8.
Do I still? - No, just one - and I'm still trying to get back one that was taken out a long time back. There's actually hope for that to happen - I still have faith that they'll eventually do the right thing.

WR's definitely changed, no doubt about that. More changes are very probable in the future and I'm sure that I'm not going to like some of them. Doesn't matter to me. I originally joined for the "community" aspects, I don't care about the $$ even a little bit. They do, so be it. I'm not a business-man, at least not web-based - I simply don't have the time or money to go that route. I'll do what I can within the confines of their new system, and that's that.

Many others disagreed much more strongly than me - and they voiced their opinions - and the forum is gone. It's sensorship, no doubt about that in my mind. BUT, they own the system, it's theirs to do with as they please - I just live within it, so I'll go with their rules as much as I can. Not much else we can do, is there?

Dave W.

Replied - 11/05/2006
Actually the forum had disappeared for a while a couple of days ago, then it reappeared. I would not assume WebRing got rid of it intentionally, as I think they would also have removed it from their "FORUMS" link page as well. I suspect that as they are continuing to work on their announced forthcoming changes to the system, they may have removed the forum by mistake. Time will tell.

yardville

Replied - 11/06/2006
It hasn't appeared on the browser!
What do we click to become members again?
The browser brings up the wrong webring! Something about manager, ok, but is actually
http://l.webring.com/forum?forum=manager
and commences "A webring to link sites created by people with ...." !!!
I think the browser has got confused....

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy