Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Does webring realize it's losing tons of members? - 10/18/2006
I think it would be interesting to see what the percentages of "active" members looks like on the stats below. I'm wondering how many of that 95% join Webring, add the code, and never interact with WebRing again.

Where do the most active Ring Managers fall within these statistics? (especially in relationship to the highest traffic rings) These are the people manage some of the most important relationships in the system, yes? Do they generate enough "income" to cover the fees? What percentage of all ring managers do/dont generate the fee income to cover the fees? I hope more analysis was done to look at who are currently your top "performing" managers.

It is never a good business policy to alienate your top "employees" or "customers", so I am assuming you have considered this.

The numbers below provide a good 10,000 foot view. They don't tell enough of the story to be of much value beyond that.

95% of our members fall within the limits for free membership
4.5% fall within the premium level 1 limits
.5% fall within the level 2 limits
a tiny number exceed level 2 limit

- yardville

Replied - 10/18/2006
Yardville wrote: I think it would be interesting to see what the percentages of "active" members looks like on the stats below. I'm wondering how many of that 95% join Webring, add the code, and never interact with WebRing again.

=================================================

Every time I see statistics I think of this book that our college stats prof made us read. "How to lie with statistics"

I've never liked not trusted statistics since.

Anne

Replied - 10/18/2006
The real problem is that WebRing has never really caught the imagination of the mass market. As more people get online, it's just possible that the webring idea will gain popularity. If this proves to be the case then it'll be important that what these new surfers find will cause them to come back again and again. It's no different to a lot of the websites out there that probably receive very little traffic because they are rarely updated. There's another saying that goes, 'use it or lose it'. With regard to statistics, it's a bit like money. The misuse of either can lead to problems. rgds, Richard.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy