Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 41 - 47 of 47
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Rolling out new features - 03/02/2004
All very interesting, but that isn't one navbar stack. It's four or five. I had a peak at the code to be sure of what I was seeing. What you've done is added several navstacks to one page and I don't want to have to add an individual navstack for every one or two ring bars just so that I can get them all to show on one page.
brbrI would like to be able to say.. put the 2 rings from eq.html and the 3 rings from sw.html and the 2 rings from cyberpets.html along with the rings for poetry and web graphics and everything else all on one page without having to have navigation code for each individual stack and without having to join _all_ rings twice to get a compiled navbar stack.
brbrI for one like to see all the variety of rings someone belongs to but with the 'uniqueness' there isn't really a way to do that even if you surf their entire sight you might miss something just by not noticing a link in the one place it exists. I don't want to make someone hunt down all the things I'm into. I for one like to see 'ring pages' because I get to see all sorts of things that a person is interested in all in one place and if I see something that interests me I can check out their page or surf a new ring on that topic.
brbrAll this talk of 'keeping surfers to our own ring' and 'making a ring surable' does very little if you're not giving them a chance to see more than that one thing unless they surf every page on a given site. I don't want to be 35 pages into a site still searching for the 'additional' content. It's frustrating. I can't find it so let me go to their webring page and YES! They have a ring for that topic so I'll just go surf that ring and see what I can find there.
brbrI like those pixel dolls. But no one seems to put their webring links on the bases they offer. They put them on the ones they have all ready futzed around with. That doesn't do me any good I want to do it myself. So I spend 45 minutes only to find out that they only offer one and I don't like it so move on to the next site and repeat the process. After two or three of those you start looking at the other stuff on the site just because it's the only thing interesting.

Replied - 03/02/2004
Pull your head out of your butt long enough to actually READ my postings. You have everything totally ass about. I don't care if someone has their nav bars on a webring page, the front page or their menu page or any where else. All I care about is that they CAN be found easily so surfers can continue their trip around the ring.

"blah blah blah I am killing off rings that do work??"

READ the original post, it was referring to the uniqueness rating and telling ring members they HAVE to leave the rings they are in so they can bump up YOUR rating.

Sharing traffic with other rings?? Guess what? Isn't running a webring basically providing FREE traffic and promotion for all members on that ring? I am amazed that someone like you who HATES to share traffic can actually bring himself/herself to run a ring let alone 200 (unless of course you don't even have sites in all your rings so your not actually sharing) knowing that someone else may be benefitting from it, though only the first few on the rings as no one can access the other members except from the hubs of your dead rings.

"Does WebRing.com like being a member of the webring community? Do they have a link to http://www.webringworld.org/?"

Well they have NOW, but I am sure that was intentual.

"If you find your WebRing webrings to be pointless blah blah blah"

Grow a brain my little friend, reading things for what they actually state is important. I did not say anything about WebRing being pointless, I find talking to YOU pointless, you are not interested in anything other than yourself and your sad little dead rings, you care nothing for your members only your own importance to yourself.

"(Just ask James who had to kiss off his wazillion navbar project. :-("

Yes Andrea this is making more sense now, I know what James was doing back then, so I gather you want his old job then? Sounds about right.

Replied - 03/02/2004
Greetings - Actually I wasn't hiding...to start with. I always check the forums before I log in and just decided to make a posting. I got a feeling about this person and figured that he didn't need to know who I am. I'm not really well know within the forums but last time I made a simple comment that someone didn't like I was inundated by fake membership applications.

Thanks, I'm glad your enjoying this, things were getting a little boring round here anyways :)

Thanks also for your entry, everything he said now makes more sense even though his responses had nothing to do with what I actually wrote.

Replied - 03/02/2004
"I just tend to have a enlightened and positive outlook on webrings..."

Hahaha *thud*, woops I fell off my chair laughing.

Replied - 03/02/2004
Dale,
It didn't really take all that long. Just a matter of taking some information from Andrea and James' sites and putting it together. Anyone with minimal HTML knowledge can do it.

As for easy to navigate, I was rejected by one ring here because the ringmaster couldn't find a way back to my content from my webring list except for the back button. I have not changed anything on that page since then.

Forumguest, whoever you are,
Yes it is multiple stacks put on one page. But it was easy to do and you do not have to join any rings more than once. Parts of my site with different content are in the original Webring, but it only shows up the one time in my overall list. The point is, you have control over how your rings are displayed.

Tom B.

Replied - 03/03/2004
~~~~Hahaha *thud*, woops I fell off my chair laughing.~~~~

Falling off your chair with a 'thud' is hardly a enlightened and positive position to be in when managing your WebRing webrings. This probably explains why you fail to recognize the precise well reasoned brilliance of my previous postings, seeing that things do tend to look rather upside down and all screwed up when viewed from the floor! :-(

Replied - 03/03/2004
Wow, and I'm still capable of running my rings so much better than you from there too! Until you actually discover the real meaning of a webring (to travel from one end to the other helps) your comments don't exactly mean much to anyone but you.

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy