Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Day of Reckoning is upon WebRing - 10/03/2006
The Day of Reckoning has only just begun and it's picking up momentum even as I type this. More and more web rings are being placed for adoption. This is pointless as no one is going to adopt them considering in less than four months time, there will be a cost incurred for owning those web rings. Owners of web rings are abandoning their web rings like rats deserting a sinking ship which is precisely what WebRing has become. WebRing owners and members have a right to Freedom of Speech. http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/makeastatementwebringforum

Replied - 10/04/2006
I actually plan to adopt any rings I can as they are abandoned so that I can make lists of all of the websites that are members and link to them from my webpage. I will never pay to be part of a system I have been managing nicely since High School, and I urge all RingMasters who are considering abandoning their rings to make lists of the members and simply delete the rings they do not want. Don't let Webring make you abandon what you have worked so hard to build and maintain, just leave. With no members, Webring can hardly be a community of related sites. Those of us who have been loyal members for years do not deserve this treatment. Remember that you don't have to stay and live under the new rules; we can all leave and find a way to make our own "webring" sytsem elsewhere.

Replied - 10/04/2006
"I urge all RingMasters who are considering abandoning their rings to make lists of the members and simply delete the rings they do not want."

That's an excellent idea for those with the time and energy to pursue it, which I think would be most of us. Myself, no, because I'm just kind of burned out on the Internet in general, but that's a long story, only a small part of which has anything to do with Webring. One doesn't even need paper and pencil. Just go into management and save the "management" pages for one's rings before deletion. The urls for one's member sites will all be there.

If one must delete one's rings, remember that Webring.com doesn't allow ringmasters to delete rings which still have active members. So delete all of the member sites but a few of your own to keep the ring active, provide a shoulder to cry on as your members come to you saying "why, why", and then a few days later delete your own sites and then delete your ring. That would seem to be the proper procedure and I'm sure we'd all like to be proper about this.

Replied - 10/04/2006
"If one must delete one's rings, remember that Webring.com doesn't allow ringmasters to delete rings which still have active members. So delete all of the member sites but a few of your own to keep the ring active, provide a shoulder to cry on as your members come to you saying "why, why", and then a few days later delete your own sites and then delete your ring. That would seem to be the proper procedure and I'm sure we'd all like to be proper about this."

Not quite the proper procedure ~ If YOU delete the member sites, when you finally delete the ring, Webring will simply bring it back to life, reinstating all the sites.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy