Webring code is mishandling tables and distorting my template
My sidebar suddenly dropped under the body of my blog, and a tech god type discovered for me that the reason is that the Webring code is doing something crazy currently (I removed the code for a few minutes and verified that it was at fault). Here's the specifics:
"But in operation, code really calls a script from
And that script writes out some html for the webring, and THAT is where
the problem is. For some reason, that script is writing out incomplete
code, at least it is RIGHT NOW.
In essence that script is writing out a bunch of tables, but it opens 5
tables but only closes 3 of them. What that does is for the rest of any
HTML that follows (which includes your sidebar) is TRAPPED inside these
unclosed tables. That's why the sidebar is stuck under your main
column. It's suddenly trapped in this incorrect table."
I moved the Webring code to the end of the sidebar on my blog
so that I could HAVE a sidebar again, and it's pushing my text around some, and sticking out and looking awful, so... I hope this can be fixed soon. :-)