Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Multiple ring memberships and HTML navigation - 05/17/2006
I'm finding that some rings insist on HTML nav code and others want ssnb code. I've got the valid HTML code for all my ring memberships on the registered page, but the automatic checker is showing "fail" for some rings. This seems to be a "catch 22" situation, or can the ring managers override the "fail" and approve memberships anyway?

Replied - 05/17/2006
Ring masters can require a specific type of code, or may accept either. I have rings that require HTML because SSNB won't work on the sites (ie eBay, Overstock.com, iOffer).

If you belong to rings that require one or the other for a single page, you can split the stack into the ones that require HTML and ones that require SSNB. For the ones that require HTML, use the HTML. For the ones that require SSNB, use the new SSNB stack that you created.

It causes a lot of management problems when a site uses the wrong code, and can end up leading to lots of frustration and hard feelings between the webmaster and the ringmaster, no matter how politely they communicate. I tried allowing one site in an HTML only ring to use SSNB, and no matter what I did, the auto-management settings would suspended him over and over. I would have to reinstate him, and apologize for the error that was not of my own making. Over-riding automanagment for a site doesn't work, as the auto-management override setting doesn't stick all the time. I'm sure the webmaster thought I was picking on him. We finally parted company after one too many suspensions.

I hope this has helped, and I haven't rambled on too much. Thanks, Mona

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy