Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Help, Can't Use HTML ! - 02/22/2006
My website is up on www.moonfruit.com, which runs entirely on flash. Below is the answer from their Help pages about using HTML. Will it be possible to get my site to PASS if I can't cut & paste the HTML for the webring links?

http://www.moonfruit.com/support.htm?mark=203040b231192038f0b4271724508385e0704060405070c01080e031&uusername=guest&community=1064488

"You cannot paste the HTML directly in to your site, as (MoonFruit) SiteMaker pages do not directly support HTML. In order to achieve the same effect, you need to first download the image to your computer, then upload that image to your SiteMaker Site. Once it is uploaded, add it to your page and then add an Image Map widget on top of it and adjust its dimensions to cover your image. Use the Special Options panel on the page editor to edit the link target to set where the user goes when he clicks on the link. This information can be found by looking in the HREF attribute of the A tag in your HTML."

Thanks!
Terri
http://rachelcormany-asuvcw.moonfruit.com/

Replied - 02/23/2006
This sounds like you need to use the html version of the ring code and insert those links into your webpage. You can do it with an image map or just create some text links on the page.

What is your whole URL, not just moonfruit.com ?

Your webiste probably is not entirely in flash, but moonfruit uses templates, which makes it easy for the novice, but is restrictive in appearance and function.

As for the image map, if your ring manager agree, find a suitable image for the ring in question. There are those of us here that cna walk you through it or do it for you. IT's been a while since I have done one, but it's not hard.

This will have to be done for each ring you belong to.

It sounds like even though you joined moonfruit to avoid learning HTML, that you have to learn HTML in order to use webring, ringsurf, or a similar service.

Wish I could be more help.

Anne

Replied - 02/23/2006
You could simply set up a Webring page and have it hosted on one of the free webspace providers (Freewebs, Angelfire etc. - I'd go for Freewebs as they only require a small link at the bottom of your page). Just make sure you have a link on your site menu leading to that page and one back again :)

Replied - 02/24/2006
Excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? Trying to be too difficult. The links back are important.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy