Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

SSNB over HTML? - 12/20/2005
OK. I hadn't checked my WRMail recently. I got the mail regarding the changes. So, am I correct in assuming that I need to delete all the HTML sections of my Web Ring links (about 4) and replace them _ALL_ with ONE SSNB Java Code? And that this Java Code will randomly show a link to the WebRings I have joined. Is this correct? Thanks for the help...

Replied - 12/20/2005
No need to change anything unless you want to update the NavBar in case there have been any changes. I use both SSNB and HTML, depending on the site I post the code on, and what I want showing on my page. If you want to use the SSNB, you certainly can. It has some handy advantages like automatically changing if the ringmaster changes the appearance of the code, that can also be a disadvantage if the ring gets put up for adoption - it reverts to that ugly default bar. So your choice, whatever you like. :) MonaLS

Replied - 12/20/2005
I'm asking my previous question because I recently requested to join four rings that I thought I'd join on top of my previous four. And I got a WRMail msg say I didn't have enough navigational code on my site... What exactly does that mean? Thanks.

Replied - 12/20/2005
I don't recall ever getting an email like that, don't know what to tell you. Did you add the HTML for those sites to your page? If not, you can either add the HTML for each site, or just add the SSNB code once. Some rings don't allow SSNB, some don't allow HTML. The ring join page should mention if there is such a restriction.

Replied - 12/21/2005
Here is the text of the msg I got as a reply to my request to join the four rings I submitted to.

We've just completed an initial check of your site and here's what we've found:

Your site does not appear to have satisfactory navigation code on it.

pYou seem to have OTHER sites registered to this same URL. If you are using HTML code rather than SSNB code on this page then that is one reason this new site does not pass. You will have to install HTML code or SSNB for this Site before it will Pass the system check for navigation code. If you already have SSNB code on that page it may either be under a different U#, OR it may be invalid. You can resolve this by visiting your View Web Sites page ( http://D.webring.com/mbr?p=mu ) and working on the code from there.

The only thing I can think of that is causing me to fail the testis that I added HTML links to three mailing lists I run and
some other miscellaneous sites. Sites such as Apple.com and a Browncoats fan site for Firefly fans. Thanks for the help. Happy Holidays.

Replied - 12/21/2005
That just means you need to add the HTML for each webring to the pages you submitted or add the SSNB code to those pages. That's a standard message.

Replied - 12/22/2005
You might try TESTing the code at your EDIT page. SOmetimes the ring checker gets weird. If it checked it before you had a chance to add the html code than it might be a week before the ring checked checks again.

I found your blog. If the individual codes for the four new rings are on your page then just retest the the code.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy