Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Whoa HUGE exploit WebRing. - 02/25/2004
Dear Webring,

Sometimes honesty isn't always the best policy. But here goes.

We suspect You credited pencilartists' account 1 dollar for my unique membership.

David and I are business partners working from the same computer. He suggested I get a new I.D. because I help him with the Poster Department (our commercial site). He made the new i.d. with me. He's sitting here right now as we type.

If this is the case, a dishonest webmaster/ringmaster (dave says to say ringservant whatever) can make up new id's left right and centre, find new pages, join them and there goes a few cents each time from your coffers.

We think you should take your dollar back webring. We don't want any trouble if you should ever detect something like this.

Jacinta, David (right here)the dog and the cat.

Replied - 02/25/2004
I can confirm everything jacintagrated said as being true and up-front.

David, Jacinta (right here), the dog and the cat.

Replied - 02/25/2004
I just received a $.35 credit also for joining a ring I just created the other day. At least I'm assuming it is this since it's the only new membership for any of my rings in the past week that I've approved.

ID: woolfden

Replied - 02/25/2004
woolfden was credited the 35 cents NOT for the new ring created, but because ashvader15 joined moviesandmore on 2/19, and approved the same day. ashvader15 is a "new" webring member and moviesandmore was the first ring he/she joined.

The credit for pencilartist is more complicated but doesn't involve jacintagrated in any way. There were two new "unique" submissions that were approved (and passing of course) in journalring, and 1 each in uniquerabbit, artworkforsale and artists2.

We are of course, vigilant to scams and hopefully will catch any before they get out of hand.

Glad you got the credits, keep up the good work, and thanks for being concerned.

The WebRing Team

Replied - 02/25/2004
Thank you for letter me know. Maybe somewhere along the way it we'll be able to see which rings and sites we're getting these credits for. ;)

Replied - 02/25/2004
We might work on that in the near future. We've been rolling out new features fast and furious so far in '04. We'll try to take a breather and catch up on refinements and extensions at some point.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy