Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 15 of 15
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Links place - 10/12/2005
emmajones, your words sound like you really don't want anyone joining your rings after what you just said to her even if she didn't use a PASS_L. I mean all she asked was to get a simple YES or NO 'Is it OK to put webring code in links page'. I think that ISN'T asking if she can join YOUR webring using PASS_L. Next time ask the question in a professional manor if your really know the webring system. ***The awnser is 'YES you are allowed to use PASS_L only if the Ringmaster allows it.*** Sure you don't want people to join your ring if they are using PASS_L, but they'll learn once they attempt to join your ring (if you have a homepage set up with a list of rules).

Replied - 10/12/2005
The member did not mention Pass_L and I really cannot see the purpose of your posting. As regards a list of rules, just stick to managing your rings and I manage mine.

Replied - 10/12/2005
emmajones: "There was no rudeness at all."

Not meaning to sound rude myself, but now you can see why i rarely poast here much anymore, everyone is so quick to call you mean or rude just because you dont agree with there views.
Personaly i found no rudeness to your post, but then im titled as mean and rude so im probly not the best guess...

To others, please dont use this as an oportunity to argue, this will be my only post on this subject so i wont be replying if you decide to try to argue :-/

~CE~

Replied - 10/12/2005
. . . but then im titled as mean and rude so im probly not the best guess...

CE you earned that title fairly and squarely and if you continue posting such remarks you may end up keeping it for life.

To others, please donít use this as an oportunity to argue, this will be my only post on this subject so i wont be replying if you decide to try to argue :-/

To CE, please don't use emmajones as an opportunity to take sides. Your position with WebRing.com is clear. As is your position with emmajones. You are one of the *chosen ones*. This will be my last post on this subject, unless you post again, so I won't be replying if you decide to try to argue :-/

Have a great day :o)

Cheers
Sally j
P.S. CE please do not write me privately. You brought this here and if you choose it will continue here.

Replied - 10/12/2005
ce. Its best to just take no notice. As far as I am concerned my posting was a case of forewarned is forearmed. If the member wants to put the code on a links page thats upto him, but if he went onto to submit to a lot of rings and mine were included in that list then I am not going to approve the site. I won't even review the site as soon as I am aware that it is a link page. It would just waste his time and mine.

The person that has responded is probably somebody that I have declined membership to on one or more of my rings anyway, so its best to just take no notice.

Replied - 10/12/2005
Lets put a stop to this backbiting once and for all. Do what they do on eBay. One id for the forums and one for managing rings.

Replied - 10/12/2005
One id for the forums and one for managing rings.

Why?

Cheers
Sally j
http://www.britfeld.com

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy