Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Discussing Something. - 07/26/2005
When I first submitted my Yahoo.com Group-Site "that" webring,
I emailed the Ring Master explaining where the navigation would stick. I even provided that link. I also explained where the navigation code would not stick-on my Yahoo.cm Group Site.
On 7/23 I received an email about the navigation code. The bottom line is that because the navigation code was not found, my group may not be allowed to join "that person's" webring."That"Ring Master never replied to my first email-about the navigation code problem. Today,7/26 I emailed "that"Ring Master.
I thought Ring Master's were supposed to reply to members having a navigation code problem. At this point,I feel that my time is to valuable to waste on joning that webring. I am considering leaving that webring.My reason for posting this,was to have the topic of Ring Master's not responding brought out into the open.

Replied - 07/26/2005
For any and all members experiencing this problem, here is what we suggest:

If you do not hear back from your RingMaster in the next 3 - 4 days OR if the email bounces back to you, please contact Support at http://dir.webring.com/help. Use the support request form to pass along all the results of your efforts to contact the RingMaster using the "Contacting my RingMaster" subject selection. Please be sure to enter all details of your attempts to contact the RingMaster, such as dates you contacted them and copies of the email(s) if possible. If your email to the RingMaster bounces, please provide a copy of the failure notice in the request form. Support will attempt to resolve the contact issue for you.

This is a totally underutilized Support request and could go a long way in both having memberships processed more quickly AND ensuring that not so many Rings are going up for adoption.

*Hint, hint you RMs out there that, like most people, prefer to put off til tomorrow what could be done today* ;)

Thanks!
WebRing Support

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy