Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I got this message, but it is 100% wrong - 02/21/2004
According to our records you are the registered RingMaster of the Ring, animex: Anime Elite Force, ...and that Ring falls into one or more of the follow categories:

a. You have been inactive for 30 or more days and you have pending submissions.

WRONG, I just approved all pending sites less than a week ago!

b. The navigation rating of the Ring has fallen below 50% (fewer than half of the sites have working navigation code on the registered URL.

WRONG, Its rated at 96!

c. The Ring has more than 3 pending submissions.

WRONG, There is only ONE pending site, the one that was submitted today.

Please look into the query that generates these messages, as this is in error.

Thanks,

upring

Replied - 02/21/2004
I also received a few of these messages tonight.

Since I've been logged on almost every day, I figured they would be for webrings with 3+ pending memberships.

But the messages for these three webrings:
inthearmsofanan4
costume
and
fashion
did not fit this. None of them had 3+ pending memberships.

AND, none of them had "poor" navigation ratings either.

So, I'm wondering. What, precisely does THIS statement mean?

You have been inactive for 30 or more days and you have pending submissions

Specifically, is that statement referring to

a) the last time I logged in or
b) the last time I "did something" on that webring?

If it is "b" I might understand the message.

If it is "a", I'm still puzzled.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 02/22/2004
I recieved a similar message. No need to post details since it's the same situation, but that last round of automated e-mails sent out had quite a few problems.

Vonnie

Replied - 02/22/2004
actually, you last managed the Ring on 1/21/04, which turned out to be 31 days prior to when the ring was checked, not last week. So, while you probably shouldn't have received the warning, we aren't going to lose a lot of sleep over it either. As always we're trying to improve the system more than we are trying to harass the membership. Sometimes this happens and we apologize. Thankfully, for each mistake like this one we've sent a couple of dozen, or more, appropriate warnings.

Replied - 02/22/2004
The first group of Rings we ran this on was computing the days incorrectly. We're working to correct this, so please accept our apologies for warnings that were premature.

The days was *supposed* to be based on the age of the oldest pending submission. Unfortunately, for some Rings under certain circumstances the date of last submission "action" by the manager was used, and this could have been long ago (i.e., you processed all pendings 3 months ago and have not had any new ones until just recently. hence, the program "thought" the ring was inactive for 3 months when in fact it wasn't).

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy