Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

NO 'Uniqueness Rating' at -just another- Rings! - 02/17/2004
I received this:

"Hi All, Webring has recently started to track "uniqueness" of ring sites. Sites that belong to alot of rings bring down the uniqueness rating, while those that belong to few rings help keep the rating up. Since this figure is displayed on the ring hub page visitors to the ring can see if a ring has many sites unique to the ring, or if they're going to see alot of sites they can find or have seen in other rings. A low uniqueness rating may deter some from surfing a ring with a low uniqueness rating. For this reason, after looking at the figures of how Webring arrives at this figure, I have decided to not allow sites with more than 25 ring memberships. Your site has been suspended because you belong to more than 25 rings. If you wish to stay in this ring you'll need to lower your ring memberships to 25."

Please feel free to join my Rings, as I care more about sites looking to belong to the vaster community of Webring.
Cheers & Welcome, Justanoth http://i.webring.com/profile?y=justanoth

Replied - 02/17/2004
So this will encourage people to 'Join' rings together into '1'ring. I have several rings pertaining to one subject over and over some with everyone in the same loop, but you discourage bringing these groups togeather. You discourage us to delete groups....So where does this really stand. I have now forgotten what Webrings was all about.
Confused.

Replied - 02/18/2004
We are 'sims'. We've been tweaked.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy