Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How do I rotate multiple rings? - 10/20/2004
When I first signed up, I remember a page where I could rotate which of my rings would be displayed on my webpage. Can't seem to find that page. Anybody know where it is? Thanks.

Replied - 10/20/2004
yup. you need to edit the navbar stack itself. To do that go to your My Rings and select View Web Sites (in theory each website has it's own "stack" - in practice some people break them into multiple stacks so if you are in this latter group you'll need to identify which stack to edit). On that page, find the URL/U# of the stack to "rotate" and click the Get SSNB Code link. There you'll see the link to order the stack.

That's a fair number of steps. we'll try to move the order link out to the same level as the Get SSNB Code page.

Replied - 05/24/2005
Does this take time to register? I'm new, my site is new, and my webring is new.

I keep manually changing the order of the two webrings that I'm in (to move my own, new webring to the top), and then I click to accept the changes... and nothing changes at my webpage. Then, when I go back into double-check the stack order, my order is just as it was before I made any changes.

I've also checked that the webring on top should be the one that the visitor clicks on (to arrive at the website), but when I click-through from the hub page to my site, I still see the other webring rather than the one I was surfing.

Replied - 05/24/2005
I hope someone has an answer, I haven't been able to reorder the stacks for my pages for about a month and a half. I did write to support, but I haven't received a reply. I'm not sure anyone even got my email. :(

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy