Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Concerns regarding RMs loosing their rings PART TWO - 01/30/2004
..... continued on from part 1

The tools that are used by WebRing.com, as I see them:

1. email notification
2. monitoring RM activity

In my situation both have failed and/or given incorrect information.

And those are what concern me.

I could become a victim of loosing my rings.

Hardly seems fair when clearly in my situation I was not at fault.

To quote from the info Andrea provides:
{begin}
The biggest consistent complaint to WebRing Support is a manager who won't approve a pending membership
{/end}

In my reply 23 Jan I asked to be pointed to where I can read info regarding the length of time applications can be left pending. LOL, My oldest one was 3 days at the time of receiving the email from WebRing.com

But thus far no news.

I was wondering if anyone else might know where such information can be found, please.

{begin}
3. More than 3 pending applications is the one that can happen to even the most conscientious RingMaster. Say your Ring gets multiple submissions (perhaps from one user) while you are away one day and the software just happens to check your Ring that night, you then get the warning email. If you have a habit of leaving numerous applications pending for extended periods you are at greater risk of problems, but those who are attentive could get a single warning occasionally, as a result of bad timing. Process the applications and all is settled
{/end}

Quite possibly this may have been what triggered the email I received???

Not sure???

To sum up all this verbiage, my personal view is that until those tools which are used by WebRing.com to take rings away from RMs are working 100% there needs to be a way for open ended communications to resolve the issue of taking rings away before they are taken away.

I can only imagine what it must be like for WebRing.com to have to deal with RMs who give the perception of not caring. And I am sure what I imagine is only teeny tiny bit of what it really is.

Can the tools be given a service so they work better before RMs loose their rings, please.

Puh-lease :o)

Cheers
Sally J

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy