Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 8 of 8
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A classic support request - 11/27/2004
Just thought we'd share this one as it was pretty funny - and typical of the things we get sometimes.
---------------------------------------------
user wrote:

User id:

SPECIFIC USER INFO SELECTED:
RM=
SO=
Fav=
USER EMAIL: removed to protect identity
USER'S DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:
I want to move apache from my computer

support support@webring.com wrote:
Not sure I follow you, but how can WebRing help? Perhaps go to the Linux Ring and have a look around.

user wrote:
I want to remove apache from my computer

support support@webring.com wrote:
Then you need to have root access and some knowledge of Unix. If you just want to turn it OFF so the web server is not running then kill off any httpd processes. Beyond that I can't help you much.

fine then dont tell me how to remove your bullshit and i will just reformat my computer asshole.

-----------------

Happy Thanksgiving!

Replied - 11/27/2004
Thanks for the enlightening read, I had some interesting things from my members but not like this....lol

Im confused now but of what apache has to do with webring

~CE~

Replied - 11/27/2004
Very funny. Now is anyone going to answer my question? If someone gets the navigation code from the "Ring Application Sent" page link "Here's the link to the Navigation Code Wizard," the result is wrong, really wrong. And doesn't pass. Go here to see both a good and bad example: http://g.webring.com/wrman?ring=firstoverstockau;addsite Have I done something wrong in the set-up somewhere, or is there a system issue? Thanks! Mona

Replied - 11/27/2004
well, all our servers run the apache web server program, but other than that, not much.

Replied - 11/27/2004
ugh, too late to look tonight, but we will tomorrow or Monday.

Replied - 11/28/2004
webring: "reply well, all our servers run the apache web server program, but other than that, not much"

I was thinking more of the lining of what the support request was saying, In the sence that person is looking at it i cant see what there apache program would have to do with webring....maybe i souldve been a little more clearer with my responce....lol

~CE~

Replied - 11/30/2004
This should be fixed now. It took a bit to figure out as it's a Ring that requires HTML, which is where the bug was.

Replied - 11/30/2004
Thank you so much! That will make it much easier for new sites to join without confusion! Mona

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy