Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Changing NavBar color scheme - 11/28/2004
Okay, I really did try to figure this out on my own before posting here, so please excuse what might be a naive question.

How do I change the color scheme of my NavBar stack? I gather that the color scheme for a navbar for a particular ring is set by the owner of that ring, so I can't do anything about that (right?). Okay. But I've got a number of rings that I'm still pending approval on, and I can't change the color for those ones! In the SSNB code, I changed the color values for the table, but it looks like that's only for what's displayed if the script fails. I can't seem to get away from the horribly hideous red/tan tables that display the rings I'm pending approval on. Tae a look at my site to see what I mean: http://www.berserkerfan.org/

Is there any way to change those godawful colors? Thanks.

Replied - 11/28/2004
Although this is not the help forum i can answer...

I know of no way neither have a heard of it beng able to be done, The colors for the pending memberships are set by webring themselves, No ringmanagers/members have control over that part.

If im wrong i encourage webring to correct me (-:

~CE~

Replied - 11/29/2004
You can not change the color/s for the rings in a 'javascript' navbar stack, but if build your stack using the HTML code for each ring's navpanel you can.

When you join a ring and go to the 'Get Navigation Code' page, skip the javascript code, and scroll down to the bottom of that page where it says:

Members who wish to use the HTML version of this nav bar should go here.

With the HTML code version you can do anything you want to the navbar's appearance, of course though you might get the ringmaster/s all pissed off! :-)

Replied - 11/29/2004
Being a ring master if you changed any part of my code, I wouldn't be very happy. We spend a lot of time getting these rings just the way we want them. My suggestion to you is if you want a code the way you want it, start your own web ring.

Replied - 11/29/2004
Using the style attribute allows you to overide Webring's colors, seeing that they do not use style for the stack or the default ring code (See webringworld.org - Navpanels).

Replied - 11/29/2004
Anyone wishing to do this should get the ringmasters permission first.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy