Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Forcing Passing - 10/22/2004
Id agree with james that its a great addition.

Too many times a site will (as ive seen with my own rings) submit a site to a lot of rings whilst failing, some of the time the person doesnt pay attention to emails sent which means they dont know what is wrong or how to fix it.

With this feature users will know imedietly that there site is failing, which will alow them to fix the problem before they submit to other rings.

I see also it helping with the number of sites submitting and never addint code, As they will either be holted after the first one or will fix the problem thus becoming an active member when they might have been just denied.

Another nice feature....

CE

Replied - 10/22/2004
1. Have a link to a list of failing sites. One great way to implement this would be to permit sorting of the ring sites list by "status". Then the link to the list of failing sites would just be a link to the ring sites list sorted by "status".

Well, we can. There is the link now to show the failing ones first so that is probably the link we should add directly.

2. Since it appears that the system does NOT use a real time "calculation" of status in making this determination, provide a "recalculate" link to have the system rescan the members sites after the member has fixed

It is "real time". If you test a site and it switches to "PASS" and that was the only failing site then you will not be held up (or certainly should not be).

Replied - 10/23/2004
It is "real time". If you test a site and it switches to "PASS" and that was the only failing site then you will not be held up (or certainly should not be).
============================

Hmmm. Ok. You might check my ID (JLIILJ). Nothing shows failing now (when I sort my site list by "failing first". But it still gets the message about failing sites when I click join.

I'd be happy to correspond "off forum" if appropriate.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

Replied - 10/23/2004
Sorry about that! Situation resolved and discussed in more detail in manager forum:

http://l.webring.com/forum?forum=manager;did=2740#here

Replied - 10/23/2004
Thanks!
Saw that other (referenced) post as well.

No harm, no fowl.

Besides, logic involving indeterminate cases is always a bit tricky.

Truly appreciate the prompt resolution.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy