Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
My First WebRing - This ring is specifically designed for NEW and NOVICE WebRing users, those who have new or no memberships in any other r

Forums     Login   Signup

My First WebRing

Manager: wrug
NEW USERS HELP FORUM. PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE GETTING STARTED. PLEASE LIMIT POSTS TO QUESTIONS OF INTEREST TO NEW USERS.

Sponsored Links

MOST NEW USERS HAVE VERY SIMILAR QUESTIONS, THUS THIS FORUM STRONGLY SUGGESTS YOU START BY READING THE 'PERMANENT POSTS' BELOW. THESE POSTS ARE A COLLECTION OF THE MOST COMMON QUESTIONS A NEW USER MAY HAVE ABOUT THIS WEBRING AND THE CONCEPT OF WEBRINGS IN GENERAL. IF YOUR SITUATION IS NOT COVERED IN THESE POSTS, THEN PLEASE SUBMIT A MESSAGE USING THE LINK TO THE RIGHT. IF YOU HAVE A WEBRING USER ID, PLEASE BE LOGGED INTO IT BEFORE POSTING AS THAT PROVIDES US WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WE CAN USE TO HELP YOU!
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

5. Glucose Monitors. - 07/22/2012
Continued from my 4. Diet and Exercise post ........ The problem I now faced was monitoring my blood sugar/glucose levels at all times - especially immediately after I'd eaten. Without such information I would be unable to control them with any kind of accuracy - so I decided I would have to discuss the problem with my doctor. He told me I would need a blood glucose monitor but that I would have to purchase one from a local pharmacy as the NHS did not supply them. After a short 'phone conversation with my usual Tesco * pharmacist, he told me it would cost £10 and was an Accu-Chek Compact Monitor which they had confirmed were in stock. He then gave me a prescription for the test strips and lancets to use with it. He said I would be able to train myself to use the monitor from the instructions that came with it. It was apparently quite a simple process so, with some trepidation, I assembled the monitor to 'have a go'. It turned out to be quite painless and the readings came within seconds. As I've used this equipment now for many weeks, I have found that clean fingers are essential so I always wash my hands with soap and water before doing a test. (I've had no trouble doing it this way so have never had to try the 'alternative site' method.) I have, however, had to purchase a second glucose meter, as back-up, as my first one's batteries ran out and, although the free batteries are supplied by Accu-Chek post-free (for life), I had to wait several days for them to be delivered. ...

5. Glucose Monitors.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy